Officially launched in March 2000, Business Accounting Network (BAN) is the first unique accounting franchise of its kind in South Africa. BAN is a network of professional accountants, chartered accountants and qualified bookkeepers based in the Cape, Johannesburg, Pretoria, Free State and Durban.
We ensure that our small and medium business clients are financially up to date, their wealth is properly managed and that they are 100% compliant, giving business owners what they need to run what they do well.
BAN’s reputation has been built on professionalism, big firm expertise at small firm rates and outstanding levels of personal client service. BAN franchisees share one common objective and that is to ensure absolute client satisfaction.
BAN is neither a corporate entity, partnership or traditional accounting practice. BAN’s unique concept offers major benefits to both clients and franchisees alike in terms of its professional and well organised structure.
What are our accountants’ vision?
Our dynamic independent accountant franchises strive towards supporting our franchise group’s vision to:
“Be the preferred go-to accountants in the market place and to be known to go beyond just accounting, tax and payroll…. but as the number one business growth specialists and trusted business advisors to the small business sector by 2020”.
How are we going to achieve our mission?
Our mission is to provide financial information and guidance to our clients so that they can strengthen the value of their business as well as their financial muscle by creating effective financial plans and providing performance measurements so that they have the financial information to do what they do best.
Business Accounting Network has independently owned franchises providing bookkeeping, accounting, income tax, payroll and business advisory services to small businesses throughout the Cape, Johannesburg, Pretoria, northern Free State and Durban. We specialise in providing financial management to small businesses to increase the business owner’s ROI (return on investment) and ultimately the value of the business.
BAN’s reputation has been built on professionalism, integrity, trust and outstanding levels of personal client service since 2000. BAN franchisees share one common objective that is to ensure absolute client satisfaction.
BAN is not a company or legal entity. BAN’s unique franchise concept offers major benefits to both clients and franchisees alike in terms of its organised structure and personal service. This enables our independent contractors (franchisees) to provide big firm expertise at small firm rates due to low overhead structures.
BAN franchisees have trained in the major registered auditing firms with an average of 10 to 15 years experience each. Coupled with a relevant qualification, they can bring to our clients the experience and knowledge necessary to supply them with the information with which to make sound business decisions whilst ensuring compliance with statutory obligations.
BAN also supports Pastel software and offers training, sales and technical support.
Our ideal clients are those who:
- Are small and medium businesses.
- Recognise that the real value of outsourcing accounting reduces costs.
- Realise that they need to stick to what they know and save valuable time to focus on their actual business doing what they do well.
- Knowing that one way to stay focused on business growth is to outsource accounting.
- Are SME business owners looking to move from relatively basic transactional processes, such as bookkeeping to more strategic functions, like budgets and forecasts, cash flow projections, performance measurement and business analysis, which are high-level functions, to grow their business into an asset of value.
- Understand that outsourcing accountants provides better visibility into a company’s financial operations and better control.
- Do not have the need for a full or part-time bookkeeper or accountant.
- Entrepreneurs that are in the start-up phase of business and who have a strong aptitude to be successful and who want to do things right the first time.
- Are owner-managed businesses that are aware and understand that the cost related to accounting, financial management, tax and other regulatory compliance is critical to the survival of their business, and who see this cost as an “investment” rather than as “unproductive”.
- Are preferably businesses with a turnover in excess of R1 million per annum.
Together with BAN’s working relationship with various top registered accounting and audit firms, BAN franchisees, by specialising in specific areas of accounting practice, collectively network a broad range of skills. They thus provide a highly experienced, professional and personal service to small and medium businesses at cost-effective rates.
What makes us different?
- Big firm expertise at small firm rates
- Our infrastructure which can’t be found with a one-man accountant or small practice
- Our one-stop expertise that covers everything financial from data capture, annual financial statements to business analysis and consulting
- Our team of big audit firm ex-employees who are now business owners themselves
- Fee structure relative to the level of services provided rather than the qualifications of the person providing the service.