The Tax Administration Act has broadened SARS’s powers and introduced new penalty and interest regimes that will require taxpayers to be meticulous about their returns and to ensure they are completed by a professional regulated tax practitioner.
Let us share with you some of the highlights of the Tax Administration Act and discuss key areas that affect taxpayers and tax practitioners alike, issues like:
- The increase in SARS’s information gathering powers
- How businesses are selected for SARS inspection, verification and audit
- New criminal offences taxpayers can be charged for
- SARS’s search and seizure powers
- Implementation of a deferral payment agreement system
LOOK OUT FOR THE DATES OF OUR NEXT WORKSHOP/SEMINAR ON THIS SIGNIFICANT SUBJECT MATTER FOR BUSINESS OWNERS!